In 1984, Al Gibbons opened his practice as a sole proprietor after working several years with a Manning based CPA firm.
In 1985, Al formed a partnership with a local CPA and continued in practice with his partner until the partner’s withdrawal and semi-retirement on June 30, 2016. The firm grew from its initial small client base and has continued to grow over the years.
The firm quickly outgrew its initial office facilities and moved into its current location at 113 S. Brooks Street, known as the Wells House (circa 1920), in 1988.
The office suffered extensive fire damage in May of 2004 but was immediately rebuilt to replicate the original structure, with modern improvements.
While the firm continues to provide full accounting services, income tax services for both individuals and small business has become an area of specialization. The firm’s experienced staff is able to efficiently process tax returns at very competitive fees.
The firm was re-branded as Gibbons & Company, CPA, PA on June 30, 2016.